You may wish to refer your child yourself, or the suggestion may come from your school, GP or the hospital specialist. Paediatric PT, OT and/or SLT can help your child. Generally the earlier therapy starts the better!
Services offered include
- Comprehensive Assessments.
- Therapy at the Clinic, home, nursery/school.
- Standardized Assessments
- Integration Tests and Therapy Reports for special educational needs (SEN)
- Pre and Post Selective Dorsal Rhizotomi (SDR) Therapy
- Advice and written reports on Educational Health and Health Care Plans (EHCP)
- Training and support for carers.
- Intensive blocks of therapy.
- Referrals to other specialist centres and professionals.
- Home and school programmes.
- Therapists give talks to school teachers and staff about their specialities – staff training / inset opportunity.
- Advice on equipment, toys, orthotics, footwear.
- Pre and post Botox Therapy.
- Signalong Training
- Early Intervention Groups for language delayed children
- Social Skills Groups
- Handwriting Groups